Tuesday, December 05, 2006

love/hate

i look at other people's lives and i hate myself.

i hate that i knew people that i don't know anymore, that they float around with pieces of me in them that they've forgotten.

i know its my fault. i've been a terrible person. perhaps i deserve to be forgotten. perhaps the reason i can't get it together is because i've let all those people go with all of those pieces of me.

i'm such a fucker. i wish that the people i've pushed out of my life, the people i've burned, the people i've crushed......i don't know. i hope they forgive me and never forget me. i'll never forget you. if i've ever loved you, you have a piece of me in you and i have an aching fondess for you.

i am ashamed of myself.

if it helps at all, know that i'm a pretty lonely bastard these days.

6 comments:

Leah said...

I LOVE you! Come home soon so we can hug. Thanks for listening to me lately. . .

Anonymous said...

how arrogant to think that everyone you "loved" would waste precious space by carrying around that "little piece"

phil said...

...anyways. sorry. i addressed things out of order....

leah: i love you too. i shall be home soon. and we will have ourselves a good ol fashioned hug. and it will be grand.

anyone who comments on this site is well and able to leave his name. i suggest you do so. unless you're a coward. in that case, proceed as usual.

Anonymous said...

phil, i carry many pieces of you around. except for that damn flag. im glad its gone. the memory, however, remains. love, jen

phil said...

ah, genevieve.
i am missing you much these days.

when i come back to buffalo, we need to have uninterrupted phil and jen time.

i may be making something of an extended stay in the b-lo, though i can't be sure yet, really. this is the first time i've let the thought break into words. i don't have work here, and i know i could have work there if i wanted it. bla bla bla bla........

text me again, when you can.

phil said...

ah, anonymous....maybe you're someone i haven't loved...?

...but then, what the hell are you doing here?

i thought you were someone else. and maybe you're someone other than who i think you are now...

but if you are...someone...then say hello for me.