Monday, January 22, 2007

any similarity to real persons or events is...

EXT. -- front porch of an urban apartment.

(open on me, a shot from the height of your living room window)

the Voice Over begins: one night,
for sanity's sake, i sat alone on your porch.

(...cut to my profile, pan up to your ruffling curtains)

and the Voice Over continues: you must have watched me
once you'd walked the flight of stairs.

(and the camera cuts to an over-the-shoulder shot
of you,
watching me stand, watching me walk)

and the Voice Over says: finally, i left, and before i got much past the streetlight, you came, flying, into my arms...

(and you did)

...you had no jacket so i held you for a moment.

(its true)

and You said: i love you too much

and: i'm trying to kiss you, boy...

and: ...we are like a movie. this is like a movie. i love you like they do
in the movies.

(and i still held you, close,)

and I said: no

(i turned my head, to the right, so you couldn't kiss me)

and you were a little drunk, and you couldn't hear the Voice Over say: yeah, but...we use real blood in this movie. real hands, real arms around each other. we do our own stunts, take our own bruises; we risk death, and cheat life together...we risk and cheat each other...because this deserves more than a two hour running time, and i can feel you in my real arms and smell your real smell, and i have been directed to dodge your real kisses...

(instead, you were full of soundtracks, and cinematic moments, and i watched you go back home before i left for mine)

THE END


(music swells,)

(fade to black,)

(roll credits)...

No comments: