Sunday, January 08, 2006

what i feel has come and gone before...

for the last approximately ten days i've had a sore throat which has only increased in soreness each day i've had it. most of the rest of me feels fine, except for this damned throat.

and also my eyes. my eyes bother me constantly, because i have been working off the same pair of contacts for longer than i care to publicly admit.

and my teeth. my wisdom teeth actually; they need to be pulled. i have two of them. they've both come all the way in. i've had them for years. one has a cavity. the other one bleeds...i think because i tried to pull it out myself a couple times. but i just didn't have the nerve.

and worst of all: my glands are swollen.

lately i've been on a 12 hour sleep cycle that starts at around 4 am, and -- you guessed it -- ends at around 4 pm. i'm highly unmotivated. i feel like crap. i need a reason to get up earlier. i need to feel productive.

also, my vocabulary is too small for a writer. i need to learn some new words.
and my car is going to cost me $600 to get it out of the shop...not to mention it needs plates and, oh yeah, insurance.

and i've been living at my parents house. i've stayed a total of...two nights? at my own apartment since before christmas. its driving me crazy.

at least i finally finished "The Sorrows of Young Werther." it was fantastic.
it is older than the United States of America, by like nine years, and i somehow managed to feel connected to it. but then again, i shouldn't be surprised.......Beowulf is a thousand years old, the Metamorphases is two thousand years old.....and i read them and i feel like they could have been written yesterday.

i'm off to mope, shower, drive with my sister somewhere, maybe go to starbucks, write some meandering and senseless words, and try to get to sleep at a reasonable hour so i can get up and go to work tomorrow.

wish me luck.

1 comment:

girish said...

Phil--Sounds like you've had a rough week. Hope you feel better!